Finance – Finance
Markforged transforms manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts tough enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the tenth fastest-growing tech company in the US in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The Accounting Supervisor will primarily be responsible driving the month-end process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. International experience would be a strong positive.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for assisting with month-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Be responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business.
- Improve account reconciliation process, drive deadlines, enhance deliverables as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes.
What we look for:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors highly desirable.
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in a changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment.
- Experience with Sage ERP is a plus.
- Experience with international subsidiaries/activities.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.