2nd Shift Supervisor
Operations – Manufacturing
Markforged, located in Watertown, MA, is growing at an exponential rate and we’re looking for a highly-motivated and experienced recruiting leader who thrives in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment to help build our team. As a trusted business partner, you will craft the hiring strategy behind attracting, assessing, and hiring top talent. In this role, you will partner with our hiring managers across the organization to understand their needs, create consistent, strategic interview processes, and close high-quality candidates.
As Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning work according to production needs while issuing recommendations on production organization and making adjustments. You will work to ensure supply of raw materials, components and other products for production; check equipment availability and operational status; ensure production processes are carried out and ensure workplace safety.
You will assist in hiring of production employees; integrating new hires; coordinating production staff and employee rotation and evaluate employee performance. You will also collaborate on management processes and production processes; take part in the validation of production equipment and participate in the training and development of the skills of production employees.
In this role you will:
- Attend shift start and pass off meetings to highlight key objectives and daily tasks for your team
- Supervise the work of manufacturing employees, ensuring safety, quality, service and productivity
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure we are meeting monthly targets to our production goals
- Manage sample parts fulfillment to ensure on-time delivery for all projects
- Allocate production tasks to team members to ensure efficiency and on-time completion
- Will ensure 5S standards are developed, initiated, and maintained throughout the factory floor
- Will participate in various 5S and lean standard work events
- Will help initiate, champion and continue to maintain established lean flow lines, identify and troubleshoot issues affecting flow outside of the established lean / flow process and correct them
- Work with local partners to screen and interview candidates for the team
- Manage the training plans of technicians/operators and ensure the technicians/operators receive additional training as needed until the technician/operator is fully trained in operational and quality standards
- Maintain and update training records
- Discipline employees when personnel, behavior, production output, attendance and quality are not maintained
- Consult with HR before and during the disciplinary process
- Maintain a safe workplace at all times by compliance with all applicable OSHA and local safety rules
- Work to prevent injuries!
- Conduct investigations when injuries occur in coordination with H&S Officer and safety committee
- Partner with hiring managers to advise on recruiting and hiring practices
- Manage KPIs to ensure that the team’s processes and performance are running efficiently and/or improving over time.
- Working on feet in manufacturing facility for 5+ hours per day
- Working on computer for 4+ hours per day. Safety glasses and other PPE required for light manufacturing support
- Primarily standing, concrete floor, and frequently walking throughout manufacturing facility
- Lifting of 50+ pounds infrequently
- High manual dexterity required during assembly of tooling and fixturing.
What we look for:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing leadership experience
- Subject matter expert (SME) plastics/ fibers
- Proven success in team leadership and development
- Able to adapt to unique, in-the-moment challenges in a calm and professional manner
- Experienced with factory safety requirements, MSDS and accident investigations
- Have experience with 5S and lean manufacturing
- Have OSHA training and understanding of Code of Federal Regulations
- Six Sigma Kanban Systems Process Documentation Plastics/ Fibers background
- Skills:Microsoft Office Suite Google Apps
- Passion for production and continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities
- Manages multiple projects with a sharp attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate (oral, written and numerical) to all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead small team
- We have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.