Materials Print Quality Intern
Research and Development – Materials
You are a 3D printing enthusiast. You think of yourself as a tinkerer who wants (or has) your own 3D printer and tries running different materials through it for fun – to see what is possible. As a Materials Print Quality Intern you will support the introduction of new 3D printing materials to the market. You will run print tests with plastic and composite materials to qualify new materials and assist in development – both changes to materials and changes to software. You will work directly with a team of materials scientists and print engineers contributing to a collaborative and productive work environment.
What We Look For
- Currently pursuing a degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related at an accredited educational institution.
- Creative problem solver
- Takes ownership of tasks and has strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Familiarity with CAD and 3D printing preferred
In this role you will:
- Operate and maintain composite 3D printer fleet
- Operate experimental laboratory equipment
- Perform experiments and use results to inform and develop improvements in materials, software, and/or hardware
- Make hypotheses and come up with several ways to test them
- Record data, summarize findings, and present results
- Observe and detect artifacts in 3D printed parts to assist in diagnosis and mitigation strategies
- Comply with safety and personal protective equipment regulations
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.