Director, Global Demand Generation
Marketing – Marketing
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. If you are looking to join an innovative, energetic and dynamic team in a fast paced environment - this may be the place for you.
The Director of Global Demand Generation is charged with scaling a sustainable growth program for our global business. This person will conceive and execute the growth strategy for paid, organic, channel, and events marketing. The team is data driven and results focused. We are seeking a talented leader who thrives at the intersection of data, product, engineering, and marketing/sales. The successful candidate will be analytical and results driven.
This is a rare opportunity to build upon momentum in a high growth environment. Experience in fast-paced startup environments and a proven track record of execution and leading high performance teams is critical to this role.
In this role you will:
- Deliver a world-class demand generation function at Markforged that achieves predictable growth across the global business including Paid, PPC and SEM/SEO, Webinars, Channel Marketing, and Events.
- Lead the development, execution and optimization of all lead generation, nurturing and paid customer acquisition campaigns
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key business metrics, and use those metrics to set target CPA thresholds per customer segment; experiment with new channels, techniques, and messaging to scale advertising spend while maintaining target conversion rates.
- Focus on implementing non-paid growth strategies in addition to enhancing our current, strong set of paid online marketing programs i.e.- Community efforts, advocacy, retargeting
- Take an iterative data-driven approach to understand the efficacy of various paid and organic channels to grow and optimize them effectively. Demonstrate impact through dashboards and reporting to adapt and respond to learning in real-time.
- Own the relationship with sales and forge strong communication and service level agreement (SLA) between marketing and sales
- Produce scale and efficiency in process and execution at every stage of the funnel through cross-functional teamwork (Marketing, Sales, BDRs, Revenue Ops)
- Proactively partner with product and corporate marketing to build out initiatives and campaigns – weaving them directly into a master demand generation engine
- Inspire the Marketing team on strategic programs and lead them as a player-coach with a no-task is too small for your approach.
- Mentor and grow existing employees through ongoing coaching and career ladder development so they have clear paths to grow and meet our business demands.
- Forecast and present to senior management
What we look for:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, 5+ years successfully managing Demand Gen teams
- Big picture thinking with meticulous attention to detail; you will need to understand the overall business and marketing strategy, translate that into an acquisition strategy and guide the team through execution
- A strong understanding of all digital acquisition channels, including display, search, social, lead buys and content sponsorships
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and identifying actionable insights to increase new customer acquisition
- Experience managing a large marketing budget across multiple channels
- Ability to deal with high-growth pains and challenges of a technology startup within a startup
- Cross-functional leader who thrives on collaboration to drive business success
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.