Director, Product Management
Product – Product
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead strategy definition for our composite and metal 3D printer product portfolio, and to manage a talented team of product managers and designers on both developing new products and supporting the existing lineup. We are looking for someone with both hardware and software Product Management experience, though leaning heavy one way or the other is expected.
In this role you will:
- Define a product vision and strategy in collaboration with the leadership and the product management team
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the market including legacy manufacturing approaches, currently available AM technologies including the various use-cases to apply them, and the competitive AM landscape in order to drive decision making
- Manage and lead a team of talented product managers.
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap to execute against the company strategy.
- Communicate priorities and product strategies across the organization.
- Define new products and work with project managers, engineers, developers, and a broader team to bring them to life, making key tradeoff decisions.
- Manage the lifecycle of our current product portfolio.
- Understand our users through customer interviews, site visits, and market research.
- Understand why products are winning and losing in the market, and drive rapid changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Represent Markforged products in speaking and customer engagements and tradeshows.
- At all times be an evangelist for the company, its people and its products.
What we look for:
- 7+ years of experience working as a Product Manager or Product Director creating hardware and/or software products.
- Experience working with materials, plastics, metals, or composites is a requirement.
- Experience defining and refining the user experience is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated managerial excellence and team leadership ability.
- Natural bias towards understanding our users.
- Ability to communicate your work and the rationale behind it to the broader team.
- Capability to learn the technology that powers our products.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced startup environment.
- Bachelors or higher in engineering or a related field of study.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.