Lead Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Operations – Manufacturing
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As Lead Manufacturing Quality Engineer you will develop, implement and maintain a manufacturing quality management system. You will manage a team of quality technicians and work directly with leadership to monitor and report on factory quality performance. A background in materials engineering, continuous manufacturing processes, analytical and data analysis methods will enable you to identify areas for improvement throughout the factory.
We are seeking a candidate with expertise leading manufacturing quality efforts, building teams, and working cross-functionally between multiple departments. The ideal candidate will have experience with plastics extrusion (or similar), composite materials processing, ISO and/or GMP standards, and continuous manufacturing processes. This position is well suited for an experienced hands-on individual willing to get their hands dirty. The nature of the position requires a person who is adaptable to change, and has the ability to thrive in an evolving work environment and culture.
This is a full time position that will report to the Director of Manufacturing.
In this role you will:
- Utilize ISO 9001 standards to develop a Quality Management System, implement to manufacturing, and train personnel. Focus areas include:
- • Quality Manual
- • Internal & External defect trend analysis and reporting
- • Material review board and material dispositioning
- • Periodic sampling and testing plans for all incoming and manufactured products
- • Corrective and preventive action
- Lead and recruit a team of quality technicians, and drive employee performance improvements
- Maintain manufacturing document control system
- Develop quality standards for new products as part of the new product introduction team
- Analyze quality performance utilizing using statistical and analytical methods
- Manage incoming quality inspection process, qualifications, and approvals
- Work with sourcing engineer to establish and monitor material inspection specifications
- Audit processes and procedures, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions, report on activities and findings
- Develop and monitor quality KPIs while building strategies to maintain and improve performance
- Effectively communicate and reinforce Markforged’s commitment to quality improvement efforts
What we look for:
- 5+ years of manufacturing quality experience
- BS degree in Engineering or a related field
- Understanding of ISO and/or GMP management and implementation methods
- Knowledge of continuous manufacturing processes
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, Six Sigma, and Kanban Systems
- Technical writing skills that include quality procedures and test plans
- Python, SQL, and/or computer data analysis techniques (preferred)
- Six Sigma trained (black belt preferred)
- Experience with factory safety requirements, and SDS
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and makings things work. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.