Director Of Alliances
Marketing – Marketing
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged is an industry leader with a broad set of partners and go to market partners. Our reseller channel that drives significant revenue for the company is staffed and running. However, there is a need to manage all the other alliances and partnerships critical to the company's growth that fall outside direct revenue producing sales roles. These partnerships could include participation in industry associations, technology partnerships with key software providers, marketing partnerships with industry leaders, and go to market partnerships with non-traditional channel partners such as service bureaus.
In this role you will:
- Manage all the non-revenue corporate partnerships
- Develop the plan of record for partnerships across the various partnership categories
- Work with the head of product management to assist with key product partnerships
- Work with marketing to develop and manage key ecosystem partnerships that drive awareness for the company
- Keep an open mind to potential new types of partnerships and socialize these inside the company to gain consensus on the need - Additive Manufacturing is an emerging industry and the ecosystems are still in flux
- Launch formalized partnership programs that position Markforged as an industry leader
- Play a key individual contributor role on the marketing leadership team reporting to the CMO
What we look for:
- Prior experience in sales, business development, or application engineering
- Ability to not only respond to inbound inquires, but also prospect and penetrate organizations to build relationships. In some cases, you will just be given a company name, and you will need to network, cold call, do what ever it takes to get traction in the company. Most of these are large G1000 companies, perseverance is key.
- Passion for what we do. You don't need to be from the industry, but one you see what we are doing, you need to be fired up
- Strategic business sense – you need to be able to help both organizations connect the dots on why working together makes sense
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Technical acumen - you will be working with the product management teams in both organizations to discuss partnerships. Your role is not only to bring the two companies together, but also help figure out the best fit. This will require you understand Markforged technology and also the partners
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and makings things work
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.