Print System Engineering Intern
Product – Print System Engineering
The Print System Engineering team tackles technical issues that impact customer experiences with our Metal and Composite printing systems. We live at the intersection of all product disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Hardware, Software and Firmware, Product Development and Customer Solutions. If you can think on your feet and are excited about leveraging your inter-disciplinary knowledge to tackle new and interesting problems, you will fit right in.
This position is for an aspiring engineer who always thinks about the bigger picture and understands that our products are a complex system with user, software, electrical, and mechanical components. You will be expected to exercise your best judgment to on how to continually make improvements to the products and to the systems that support them. You will be given projects that will improve how
Markforged products are used or made and will have a lasting, direct impact on the company. You will be encouraged to work freely and creatively on your projects with the guidance and mentorship of our knowledgeable engineering team.
In this role you will:
- Have a direct impact on improving our products and processes.
- Collaborate with many different teams to solve system level issues.
- Create test methods and fixtures to determine the root cause of issues and implement those methods on actual issues.
- Design, prototype, and release mechanical, electrical, and/or software solutions to improve existing products and help streamline development of new products.
- Contribute creative ways to streamline internal processes.
- Work on and troubleshoot our various 3D printing solutions in plastics, composites, and metals.
- Work and socialize with an enthusiastic and committed team to create the most advanced printers in the industry.
What we look for:
- A broad experience with systems that involve various mechanical, electrical and software components
- Can you CAD? Build test fixtures of your own design? Make your own PCBs and circuits? Write Python scripts? If so, you’re on the right track.
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling software including SolidWorks, OnShape, Inventor, or Fusion360
- A strong history of technical projects involving Hardware, Software, and/or Electronics
- Familiarity with basic manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing)
- An open personality, ready and willing to openly engage with various team members
- A hands-on approach to solving problems
- An open-mind, willing to explore all possibilities and solutions
- A passion for solving problems and learning new technologies
- An ability to quickly adapt and focus on new challenges
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.