Senior Manufacturing Quality Technician
Operations – Manufacturing
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As a Senior Manufacturing Quality Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing department to ensure they can achieve all manufacturing goals and quality standards. The Quality Technician is responsible for analyzing and solving quality problems, performing incoming inspections on materials, sampling work in progress, performing audits, analyzing quality data, dispositioning of non-conforming materials, and managing process according to the Quality Management System (QMS). You will work with the quality team to drive quality systems and standards, as well as continuous improvements through the facility.
In this role you will:
- Follows all lab and production floor safety practices.
- Maintains and controls incoming data and internal test data.
- Maintains 6S and housekeeping of the QC area daily.
- Maintains sample and retain inventories.
- Resolves quality and non-conforming issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources
- Works from specifications, work plans, procedures, or general instructions from Quality Process Engineer or Materials team member.
- Performs incoming material lot qualification testing for compliance and certification and audits internal material for process compliance.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Generates, reviews, and maintains quality records in support of the QMS (i.e., process records, QC records, corrective/preventative actions, and internal/external failure reports).
- Manages documentation and quality processes in accordance to the QMS.
- Effectively communicates and reinforces Markforged’s commitment to quality improvement efforts.
- Promptly notifies Quality or Operations leadership of any discrepancies ensuring quality standards and safety of operations are maintained at all times.
- Able to work in groups and cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues, identify, and implement corrective actions.
- Performs other duties and assists on projects as needed.
What we look for:
- High school diploma/GED is required with 5-7+ years of manufacturing quality experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science, Math, or Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with factory safety requirements, and SDS.
- Experience with common measuring instruments, such as a micrometer, caliper, and indicator.
- Experience with working with materials that are environmentally sensitive is preferred.
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, measurement instruments, production processes, quality control.
- Mathematics – Basic mathematics skills must include: adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, ratios, percent’s, and basic graphing.
- Communication – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, technical testing specifications, and procedure manuals. Also needs to possess ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and understands root cause analysis techniques and concepts.
- Detail Oriented – Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Autonomy – Capable of working independently as a self-starter.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Apps
- Passion for production and quality standards
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Team player that focuses on details within the production process
- Manages multiple projects with different teams and priorities
- Ability to communicate (oral, written and numerical) to different levels of the organization
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.