Lead Manufacturing Reliability Engineer
Billerica, MA /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
As Maintenance Lead, your job is to lead a high performing team that ensures the manufacturing team’s equipment runs safely, with highly predictable run times making high quality product. You and your team will deliver these results through owning and executing preventative and corrective maintenance programs across the facility while also being prepared to offer quick solutions to unexpected challenges. You will lead the efforts of the maintenance team to build robust and repeatable systems required to maintain plant uptime. You will perform general maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance on manufacturing facility equipment and property structures. All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
In this role, you will:
- Show a high level of ownership and accountability over manufacturing equipment performance and inspire a team that shares that same level of commitment to success.
- Establish a safe and complaint working environment with best practices and procedures for the maintenance team to drive a zero accident safety culture.
- Lead by example on the floor and balance your time between hands on maintenance work and process creation.
- Set a strategy and provide the team day to day direction to drive machine uptime, through planned and unplanned maintenance work.
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment and tools in a clean, secure, and appropriate working condition
- Manage maintenance/machine shop facilities, inventory and budget for material, tooling, equipment and consumables
- Lead troubleshooting equipment efforts on the floor and establish best practices in troubleshooting execution for the maintenance team.
- Plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment
- Manage vendors and contractors required to support machine performance and to maintain contracts and permits
- Scope, implement and manage a maintenance program utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Maintain asset manifest and spare parts kanban for all manufacturing and property equipment
- Be responsible for all necessary reporting and required paperwork.
- Support the onboarding a integration of new production equipment into the manufacturing facility
- Participate in a teamwork atmosphere and contribute to various continuous improvement projects and Kaizen activities, such as standardized work improvements, cost-downs or other improvement activities.
- Participate in meetings, training(s) and seminars to advance skills and work efficiently
- Be open to supporting a variety of challenges and work that come with a fast growing manufacturing facility.
What we look for:
- Experience working in a high performing factory with excellent maintenance processes and execution.
- Experience promoting and maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment through 5s activities and be responsible for proper material storage and waste disposal.
- 5-10 years in the manufacturing maintenance field
- A creative problem solver that is excited by challenges and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of and experience with mechanical and electrical systems and assemblies
- Has familiarity with multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Poses knowledge of electrical terminations, crimping, stripping, and soldering
- Understands controllers, PLC, VFD and other industrial electrical systems
- Is experienced working with sensors, strain gauges, and thermocouples
- Understands proper chemical handling and disposal
- Experience of building maintenance structures
- Has the ability to work independently and lead a team
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and management
- Experience with 3D Modeling software (Solidworks, AutoCad, etc) is a plus
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques is also a plus
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.