Senior Business Operations Manager
Business Operations – Business Operations
Markforged transforms manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts tough enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the tenth fastest-growing tech company in the US in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The goal of the Go-to-Market and Business Operations team is to build the foundation of our internal systems and processes, scale these systems, and improve efficiencies. There is a strong focus on analytical and quantitative thinking. We blend high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
The Senior Business Operations Manager will focus on helping Markforged continue to scale - managing a team which oversees elements of company bookings, forecasting, sales analysis, order entry and operational planning. You will work with directors, executives and cross-functional leadership to analyze historical trends and forecast future productivity; solve problems; innovate better processes; and provide control to a continuously evolving sales process.
In This Role You Will:
- Analyze operational data related to sales pipeline, company bookings and order fulfillment
- Use your analysis to provide specific recommendations that will optimize the sales and ordering process
- Develop business requirements for process and system improvements; work with system developers to implement these changes
- Serve as the authority on historical company bookings and sales forecasts
- Monitor order intake and sales trends to proactively identify changes in behavior
- Partner with Finance and Logistics Teams to provide insight on sales and ordering analysis
- Work with the Senior Director of Business Operations to plan sales territories and quotas
- Hold cadenced meeting with sales managers and stakeholders to keep an open communication channel, better understand team priorities and on-going projects
- Provide management summaries for monthly and quarterly sales performance that may be used in board-level presentations
- Manage and develop a team of Sales and Order Operations professionals
What We Look For:
- Excellent management skills - leading by example, demonstrating clear prioritization and proactive communication
- Background in Sales, Finance and/or Business Operations - this role is great for someone looking to grow beyond one type of operational focus
- Acute attention to detail - take pride in how you format data, present information and communicate change
- Critical thinking skills - don’t hesitate to challenge the status quo and present compelling alternatives
- Familiarity with sales paper process (purchase orders, credit checks, W9s, software agreements, etc.)
- Preference for experience with CRM (Salesforce), eCommerce and ERP (Sage)
- Degree in finance, economics, business, or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years experience managing teams in Sales Ops, Channel Ops, Finance Ops, Business Ops, or related roles
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.