Quality Engineering Technician
Engineering – Quality
Markforged is liberating designers and engineers from the long lead times and high costs of traditional manufacturing. We build cutting-edge next generation cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged printers to produce same-day prototypes and stronger end-use parts than ever before.
Our technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. At Markforged, “the part is the product” and guaranteeing the quality of parts is paramount in our strategy to be a business leader in the 3D printing and manufacturing spaces.
The Quality Engineering Technician role entails ensuring the quality of the parts produced by Markforged printers by printing part test suites on an internal fleet of 3D printers for engineering and development. Test suites will contain variables that must be adjusted and tracked as they progress through the process.
We are looking for a person who wants to make an impact in a rapidly growing company that is disrupting the manufacturing space with a critical and exciting technology.
In this role you will:
- Be a founding member of the Quality team and help create the strategy and standards for the Markforged products.
- As part of the team, execute print test suites and evaluate the results for correctness and accuracy.
- Become an expert on Markforged software and printers.
- Configuring printers with different hardware, material and software variables for the parts to be printed.
- Maintaining the Markforged 3D printers in Engineering and the furnaces used for part of the metal printing process.
- Documenting all print test suites in terms of settings and quality and improving the Part Quality process as needs are identified.
- Interacting with various engineering teams including Development, Materials R&D and Print Systems Engineering.
- Managing the backlog of print requests and re-prioritizing the queue as the need arises.
In this role you will:
- Experience working with and maintaining 3D printers
- Experience with parametric CAD solutions (OnShape, SolidWorks, Fusion360, etc.)
- Experience using precision measuring tools
- Experience with software development tools
- 1+ year assembly or manufacturing experience
- Extreme attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a hands on mentality
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of spreadsheets documentation systems, Wikis, etc.
- Previous experience with 3D modeling and 3D printing concepts is a plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.