Software Engineer Associate
Technology – Internal Engineering
Full Time, Exempt
Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Marlette has experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with over $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Marlette is seeking a Software Engineer to develop and deliver software iteratively and incrementally. You are a good fit for this role if you are excited by joining a product-centric, cross-functional agile team and have hands on experience in Java, Python coding with a strong understanding of algorithms. You will work to influence this team and adjacent teams on occasion by identifying opportunities and proposing solutions.
This is a full time, permanent position with competitive benefits and upward mobility within the Technology group at Marlette. If you call yourself someone who is always accountable and very eager to execute development activities aligned with agreed development and quality control standards, then you will thrive here.
You can expect to enjoy a culture embracing the concepts of Continuous Delivery, Total Quality Management, Knowledge Sharing, Personal and Career Advancement, Empowerment, Innovation, and Collective Ownership.
- Develop and deliver software iteratively and incrementally
- Perform Unit Test, Integration Tests, and implement supporting testing utilities
- Interpret, confirm, and/or challenge business requirements and document technical requirements
- Explain and discuss the importance of good software design and the pros and cons of best practices such as styling, documentation, refactoring, test driven design, and pair programming with the broader team
- Collaborate with the development team through continuous improvement activities
- Provide peer/mentor support for Development staff
- Participate in group knowledge sharing as both a consumer and supplier of knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with python is a must.
- Experience with Java is a must. (Building restful web services using spring framework especially Spring boot and Java is a plus).
- Basic understanding and querying knowledge for relational database is a must.(No SQL like MongoDB is a plus).
- Experience / exposure in building application and shipping via Docker and or Docker Swarm is a plus.
- Experience / exposure in using Gradle or Maven and TDD is key.
- Clear understanding and experience is building Application container with needed configuration to stand up a API.
- Ability to create high-level design documents, sample screen images, workflow diagrams, and discuss stakeholders through white-board design discussions
- Proven track record of innovation, clever problem solving, and high-quality rapid delivery
- Exposure to and understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Test Automation
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and third party development firms.
- Demonstrated self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change through tooling or practices
- Collaboration with other engineers and being team player.
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing a sprint plan, and able to communicate status effectively
- Passionate about reducing manual and repetitive work when designing and building tools used by internal colleagues
- Advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Pair Programming)
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Thanks so much for your interest in joining our family!
Qualified applicants will be contacted within a few days to start conversations.
Looking for a way to stand out and be considered first?
Send a follow up email to Talent Acquisition: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and position of interest in the subject. In the email please include: Your resume attachment and a brief introduction highlighting what about this role stood out to you the most.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team. If you are interested in helping us, you can apply HERE