Sr. Software Developer (Front End)
Wilmington, DE /
Technology – Internal Engineering /
Full Time, Exempt
Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Marlette has experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with over $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Our goal is to create a positive workplace where our employees develop and thrive. To accomplish this we hire smart, highly driven people and frequently solicit their input and feedback to ensure that our culture and work environment meets their needs. Employees receive plenty of perks including competitive salary, bonuses, 401k match, generous PTO and holidays, a well-stocked kitchen (when we’re back in the office) and numerous fun events and charitable opportunities.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Our mission is to empower customers and clients with innovative financial solutions to improve their financial future. We do this by aggressively monitoring the financial marketplace and speaking with people and companies like you to understand your financial needs, wants, and frustrations.
In response, we tear apart conventional banking approaches and introduce products that provide smart and rewarding financial alternatives that leverage strategic partnerships to deliver on this mission. We round out our products with quick and transparent processes that make our customer experience intuitive and simple to understand.
Kind of people we want:
Speak directly and honestly
Make smart decisions
Are driven by results
Roll with the punches and do what needs to be done
Treat others with respect and dignity
Sr. Software Developer Role Profile:
All Marlette Funding’s Information Technologists must advocate for the creation of software assets used to drive business value both in the short and long term while respecting Customer Experience and Organizational Control objectives. The Sr. Software Developer will work directly with Associate Software developers daily and contribute leadership and technical expertise to achieve shared objectives. The Sr. Software Developer will participate in product centric, cross-functional, Agile Teams composed of Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Developers and Automation Engineers. The Sr. Software Developer is expected to influence this team and adjacent teams on occasion by identifying opportunities and proposing solutions.
The Sr. Software Developer will be accountable for the timeliness and quality of the engineering products produced within their assigned product team. It is imperative the Sr. Software Developer is capable of recognizing Minimum Viable Product (MVP) features sets, risks, and dependencies and recommend iterative delivery packages to maximize business value and minimize time to market. Additionally, the Sr. Software Developer will be accountable for executing development activities aligned with agreed development and quality control standards. The Sr. Software Developer should encourage and promote Associate Developers to exhibit the same behaviors. The Sr. Software Developer will ensure production of technical documentation and supporting processes as solutions are delivered.
Internal and External Stakeholder satisfaction will be a component of measuring performance.
Additionally the Sr. Software Developer will:
- Develop and deliver software iteratively and incrementally
- Perform Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and implement supporting testing utilities
- Interpret, confirm, and/or challenge business requirements and document technical requirements
- Explain and discuss the importance of good software design and the pros and cons of best practices such as styling, documentation, refactoring, test driven design, and pair programming with the broader team
- Lead the development team through continuous improvement activities
- Provide peer/mentor support for Development staff
- Participate in group knowledge sharing as both a consumer and supplier of knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of enterprise front end web development experience including both static and dynamic (progressive) web applications
- Ability to create high-level design documents, sample screen images, workflow diagrams, and lead stakeholders through white-board design discussions
- Proven track record of innovation, clever problem solving, and high-quality rapid delivery
- Exposure to and understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Test Automation constructs and procedures
- Familiarity with PHP, Webpack, npm, Java, and/or Python, preferred.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and third-party development firms
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change through tooling or practices
- Previous experience leading Associate-level Developers OR demonstration of effective leadership characteristics
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing, and able to communicate status effectively
- Passionate about reducing manual and repetitive work when designing and building tools used by internal colleagues
- Advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Pair Programming)
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Looking for a way to stand out?
Send a follow up email to Talent Acquisition: email@example.com with your name and position of interest in the subject. In the email please include: Your resume attachment and a brief introduction highlighting what about this role stood out to you the most.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team. If you are interested in helping us, you can apply HERE