Product Owner, Email Marketing
Wilmington, DE /
Marketing – Remarketing /
Full Time, Exempt
Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Marlette has experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with over $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Our goal is to create a positive workplace where our employees develop and thrive. To accomplish this we hire smart, highly driven people and frequently solicit their input and feedback to ensure that our culture and work environment meets their needs. Employees receive plenty of perks including competitive salary, bonuses, 401k match, generous PTO and holidays, a well-stocked kitchen (when we’re back in the office) and numerous fun events and charitable opportunities.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
We’re looking for a dynamic and passionate Marketing Product Owner to lead our email platform development agenda for multiple products within the company. We are a fun, innovative, energetic and highly collaborative team, driven by our shared desire to help our customers and partners succeed through industry-leading customer engagement solutions, insights, content and design. This is an amazing opportunity to collaborate with some of the top Fintech Marketing & Branding experts in the industry and grow your Marketing career.
The Email Product Owner will report directly to the Senior Director of Remarketing Acquisition and will be responsible for driving process and strategy within the email platform of Best Egg, expanding on Best Egg’s existing customer base through multiple products and building on the email platform to handle large growth initiatives. The Email Product Owner will also be responsible managing relationships with our ESP as well as multiple other outside vendors and internal stakeholders. The Email Product Owner will work with a cross-functional team of data analysts, creative/brand managers, and other marketers to deliver best-in-class marketing campaigns that that expand our business units.
This position is responsible for the strategy, product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, marketing, credit, legal, finance, compliance and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. We are looking for a problem solver and a true team player with an affinity towards evolving our email development agenda through process build and refinement.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, own and communicate the product roadmap
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the delivery team
- Leverage existing knowledge of expertise in email marketing platform to manage all email communications for multiple products across the business
- Build, test, and deploy email campaigns including personalization and dynamic content
- Strong understanding of email engagement metrics and tools to query and analyze client results
- Responsible for tracking project workflow and ensuring all project delivery dates are met for stakeholders.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance. Manage the email execution plan, ensuring all projects are accounted for and prioritized that touch the email platform
- Assist in the development and management of effective segmentation strategies, campaigns, and test methodologies for email
- Collaborate with finance to set marketing budgets and spending target
- Submit new campaign requests and act as project manager, working with cross-functional teams including Brand, Credit, Technology, Operations, and Compliance
- Drive new tool selection as additions are made to the marketing tech stack
- Work with Customer Insights team to monitor competitors and provide recommendations for testing and optimization
- Partner with the digital and direct mail marketing team to create customized communications across a multi-channel enviornment
- Develop methodologies to ensure email platform is consistently running at peek performance.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Technology, MBA preferred
- 10+ years working experience. Email platform experience required, Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of email delivery, specifically DNS records, the handling of IP addresses for emails, subdomains, PTR records, etc
- Ability to interpret analytics and understand the changing email marketing landscape
- Knowledge of global and regional data collection and handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR etc.) and receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective
- An in-depth understanding of the technical aspects of messaging, including email FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC and other core infrastructure.
- Basic Level of SQL (script writing from scratch) required.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Capacity to prioritize and juggle projects simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced working environment with a willingness to learn
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Flexible and able to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing quality
- Exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Passion for delivering consistently high-quality work on schedule
Thank you for considering a role at Best Egg!
You will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team shortly.
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Looking for a way to stand out?
Send a follow up email to Talent Acquisition: email@example.com with your name and position of interest in the subject. In the email please include: Your resume attachment and a brief introduction highlighting what about this role stood out to you the most.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team. If you are interested in helping us, you can apply HERE