Accounting Policy Associate
Wilmington, DE /
Finance – Financial Operations /
Full Time, Exempt
Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Marlette has experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with over $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Our goal is to create a positive workplace where our employees develop and thrive. To accomplish this we hire smart, highly driven people and frequently solicit their input and feedback to ensure that our culture and work environment meets their needs. Employees receive plenty of perks including competitive salary, bonuses, 401k match, generous PTO and holidays, a well-stocked kitchen (when we’re back in the office) and numerous fun events and charitable opportunities.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Join a smart, fast growing Financial Operations team! Accounting Policy is a niche group within the Financial Operations team specializing in internal controls, new accounting standards and their implications to our business. This group regularly partners with several internal teams as a resource on financial reporting, technical accounting, application of US GAAP, and internal controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, analyze, advise and report on application of technical accounting to business transactions and product development.
- Assist with implementing, updating and maintaining accounting policies and procedures for current and new company initiatives.
- Keep track of emerging changes in accounting standards, assess their impact to Marlette, and communicate their effect to the broader Financial Operations team.
- Conduct finance-oriented process and internal control reviews.
- Identify key risks when evaluating processes and make recommendations to mitigate risk/ improve efficiency.
- Support the preparation of the annual audited financial statements, disclosures, and associated schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience; preferably with integrated audit experience
- CPA or working toward a CPA license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving techniques and demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined teams.
- An overall can-do attitude, the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, and willingness to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- ERP systems experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Looking for a way to stand out?
Send a follow up email to Talent Acquisition: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and position of interest in the subject. In the email please include: Your resume attachment and a brief introduction highlighting what about this role stood out to you the most.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team. If you are interested in helping us, you can apply HERE