Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Remote / Flexible /
Technology – Infrastructure /
Full Time, Exempt
Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Marlette has experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with over $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Our goal is to create a positive workplace where our employees develop and thrive. To accomplish this we hire smart, highly driven people and frequently solicit their input and feedback to ensure that our culture and work environment meets their needs. Employees receive plenty of perks including competitive salary, bonuses, 401k match, generous PTO and holidays, a well-stocked kitchen (when we’re back in the office) and numerous fun events and charitable opportunities.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Join a fast-paced DevOps team that is responsible for all of our AWS cloud infrastructure and implement security automation throughout our infrastructure and SDLC. The role is responsible for securely implementing business and technical requirements of various teams within the organization while maintaining regulatory compliance with programs such as NIST, SOC2, and PCI.
The Senior DevSecOps Engineer adheres to standards, best practices, and internal processes and procedures, however, will also shape change, bringing both enhanced security and innovation to our systems. A “fail fast” approach is encouraged. The Senior DevSecOps Engineer will lead the current security initiatives (HashiCorp Vault, mutual TLS, SSO) to ensure our systems are robust, auditable, and resistant to external and internal threats of all types.
Engineers joining Marlette Funding’s Information Technology Organization can expect to enjoy a culture embracing the concepts of Continuous Delivery, Total Quality Management, Knowledge Sharing, Personal and Career Advancement, Empowerment, Innovation, and Collective Ownership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the Subject Matter Expert of the technical requirements in compliance programs. (NIST, SOC2, PCI)
- Collaborate with InfoSec to identify security improvements and develop a roadmap to implement the improvements using automation and DevOps tools.
- Build and maintain HashiCorp Vault infrastructure and integrations.
- Develop and maintain client libraries to integrate DevSecOps tools.
- Develop Sentinel policies for HashiCorp Terraform.
- Maintain, mature, and audit security processes in our code and infrastructure.
- Automate and codify supporting security systems in all phases of the SLDC.
- Participate in compliance audits as security SME.
- Mentor junior team members and co-workers on security best practices.
- Work and collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed team.
- Create and document standardized processes, procedures and policies.
- Keep up to date on DevSecOps trends and best practices.
- May need to work off-hours in response to production issues or high impact system changes
- Demonstrated AWS experience and/or AWS Associate Level Certification
- Experience with AWS security and infrastructure best practices.
- Experience with compliance programs such as NIST, SOC2, and/or PCI.
- Experience with Kubernetes and securing container workloads.
- Experience with the infrastructure automation tools HashiCorp Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience with security automation tools like HashiCorp Vault, AWS KMS, SSM, Secrets Manager, AWS Inspector.
- Experience with a programming language such as python, nodejs, go, c# or java
- Experience with networking concepts, terminology, and configuration
- Experience with PKI infrastructure, authentication protocols like OIDC, OAuth, and SAML.
- The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical co-workers, at all levels of the org chart
- Flexibility. There are multiple Teams at Marlette, all working on separate projects and individual schedules. The Technology Team often has to respond to incidents (system crashes, network outages, performance spikes) and juggle priorities, all while making steady, reportable progress on sprint objectives
- Willingness to speak openly, honestly, and professionally in planning meetings, then accept the decision of the group (or group leader) and lean in with the Team to accomplish the set task
- AWS Professional level certification or Security Specialty certification
- Demonstrated Systems Administration ability on both Windows and Linux
- Experience with Active Directory and AD Group Policies
- Some knowledge of different database platforms especially as implemented in the AWS cloud, and the SQL language
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Looking for a way to stand out?
Send a follow up email to Talent Acquisition: email@example.com with your name and position of interest in the subject. In the email please include: Your resume attachment and a brief introduction highlighting what about this role stood out to you the most.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team. If you are interested in helping us, you can apply HERE