Richmond, VA /
SuperJoy – SuperJoy /
WE ARE / Superjoy. A community of creative innovation. A content creation hub in overdrive that takes ideas and gives them color.
YOU ARE / Inspired. An illustrative storyteller. A technical planner and a builder. A creator and a refiner of work. A systems thinker—someone with experience in pulling the right pieces together that make creative work great. A collaborative teammate.
YOUR BASELINE / You’ve designed flawless layouts for transformative animation work for the last 5 years. You’ve created 2D and 3D animation workflows and have influenced impactful creative through a mix of applied design theory. You can move between illustration, typography, style guide creation, and motion with ease. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are tools you know well. You've brought impactful ideas to life for major brands through a mix animation and editing tools.
YOUR IMPACT / You'll:
• Be a part of a place where your creative design talent can make great brands greater
• Build the boards, layouts and presentations that inspire work to be made
• Work across all design mediums, from illustration to animation and motion
• Support teams in making culture-transforming creative
• Learn from the best and brightest content creators at Martin, bettering your output
This role will report into the head of animation and design.
Make you wanna join the fight? Read on for more detail or click to apply.
Superjoy’s animation and motion graphics group is a close-knit, imaginative team of half a dozen creators that finds joy in making art—and ideas—move. We make things: things that inspire, thing that influence, and things that push. From intricate commercial work to simple end cards, we’ve done it all for clients like DoorDash, UPS, and Happy Egg.
We’re growing full steam ahead and are looking for an experienced designer to match our momentum and create some awesome work.
That's where you come in. We're looking for a senior designer to join our animation team.
- You’ll design for ideas that make shape and move culture. We push ourselves to always raise our bar, and this’ll be an opportunity for you to use your mix of skills to create illustrations and layouts you’re proud of.
- You’ll build the pieces that elevate creative ideas. Sometimes this’ll be building completely new artwork. Sometime’s this’ll be adapting existing artwork. But from comps to lettering to animation, you’ll develop it all.
- You’ll cultivate relationships with some of the most innovative creators in the industry. Superjoy is a creative playground, and between or teammates and our clients, you’ll be collaborating and partnering with an ambitious crew of makers. We’ll pull you into brainstorms, idea sessions, and special projects when needed, and you’ll share your knowledge with the team to make work stronger.
- Have 5 years of experience designing and building layouts for inventive clients. We’re ready to consider less if your portfolio tells a strong creative story
- Must have experience designing for motion/animation
- Can show a deep understanding of composition, color theory, illustration, typography, lettering, and motion design
- Can show creative vision and style comprehension (themes, color palettes, color theory, layouts, typography, lettering)
- Have experience working in 2D and 3D animation workflows
- Have designed presentations and mood-boards that inspire creatives, clients, and agency leaders
- Are proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustration and Photoshop
- Are a cultivator of strong, genuine relationships, and take initiative in seeking understanding from your teammates and manager
- Are a strong communicator (both written and conversationally), collaborator, and negotiator
- Are self-motivated, focused on details, and a creative problem-solver
IS THIS ROLE NOT QUITE A MATCH?
Does this role peak your interest but feel a lil' out of reach, or misaligned with your unique experience? Still reach out! Your story might capture our attention.
WHO WE ARE
Created as an advanced production playground, SuperJoy is a dedicated production environment born out of The Martin Agency that helps to foster innovation and creativity.
We’re a collective of world-class artists, directors, content creators, producers, animators, editors and more who impact culture through content at scale — and we’ve done it for brands like Buffalo Wild Wings, CarMax, DoorDash, GEICO, Old Navy, OREO and UPS. To name a few.
HOW WE MAKE SPACE
Superjoy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. The Martin Agency does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We believe in visibility. This is the radical pursuit of our people and keeping them at the center, investing in and building safe, strong community; pouring into holistic wellbeing; and fostering an environment of maximum contribution, so that they can focus only on doing the best work of their lives.