Head of Support
Palo Alto, CA
Mashgin is reimagining retail checkout by making it frictionless and fast while keeping it backwards compatible. We’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re already processing tens of thousands of transactions every day in several locations across the country and we’re growing fast.
This is a hands-on manager-level position where you will be responsible for leading a team of deployment engineers who are responsible for the deployment and installation of our kiosks across the country (from New York to San Francisco). You will be serving a key leadership role ensuring that projects are completed on time and that customers are happy. Excellent leadership ability coupled with a strong technical acumen, communication skills, and problem solving are critical to this role. You will work directly with the product engineers in addition to our users, customers and their clients.
- Building, leading and managing a team of Deployment Engineers
- Managing travel for your team to ensure that locations are adequately supported
- Traveling the country launching new locations and helping customers as needed
- Creating a Deployment Playbook
- Training your team to diagnose and troubleshoot issues remotely and in the field after developing a deep technical understanding of our product.
- Owning the Installation of kiosks to ensure our customers and clients are satisfied.
- Planning and preparing for future launches.
- Resourcefully solving problems never encountered before at each new location.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience).
- 4-10 years of relevant experience in Support/IT roles.
- Experience as a Manager or Team Lead.
- Level-headed, process driven manager.
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Strong technical ability: you should be comfortable doing things like installing drivers, diagnosing system issues, and building PCs using off-the-shelf components or be able to explain how to do some of these things.
- Ability and desire to travel as needed.
- Self-starter who is comfortable getting the job done without much assistance.
- Relentlessly resourceful and can solve problems never encountered before.
- Strong communication skills.
What we offer
- An opportunity to help scale a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day).
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more.
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible PTO policy.