Mechanical Engineer (General)
Palo Alto, CA
At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items simultaneously, and no bar code needed, which reducing checkout time by 10x.
We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades. Mashgin just raised our Series A round and are ready to scale quickly.
This is an intermediate-level position where you will be responsible for prototyping new hardware concepts, designing new products, and coordinating with both overseas material suppliers and local contract manufacturers. Your time will be split between supply chain and mechanical engineering.
- Learn from computer vision scientists and quickly iterate through various design concepts, bringing them to life via fast prototypes
- Create documentation and specifications suitable for each stage of prototyping, quoting and production of new product SKUs
- Work with material suppliers through the design-for-manufacturing process and maintain an accurate material clear-to-build for all product SKUs
- Assist with Accounts Received/ Accounts Payable for the HW team
- Work with contract manufacturing through the design-for-manufacturing process and engineering verification stages
- Travel the country launching new locations and helping customers (5-10% travel is expected)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of full-time experience designing/building hardware systems
- Mechanical design experience using Solidworks
- Working experience with R&D mechanical design of machined parts, sheet metal, and molded plastic parts
- BOM management experience and ECO knowledge through PLM software
- Mechatronics design and manufacturing experience (e.g component selection and integration)
- Experience with certification of designs to compliance standards like FCC, CE, UL, and ROHS.
What we offer
An opportunity to help scale a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day).
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more.
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible PTO policy.