Chief of Staff
Palo Alto, CA
Mashgin is reimagining retail checkout by making it frictionless and fast while keeping it backwards compatible. We’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re already processing tens of thousands of transactions every day in several locations across the country and we’re growing fast.
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to support the CEO and Executive Team in running day-to-day operations at the company. You’ll be communicating on behalf of the Executive Team with Mashgin employees as well as with the company’s external partners. You’ll be doing a bit of everything from HR tasks to strategic planning, so we’re seeking someone who can be both reflective and detail-oriented. This role is based in our Palo Alto office.
- Communicating on behalf of the CEO with other executives in the organization, investors, key partners and major stakeholders.
- Acting as a sounding board to the CEO for new ideas and initiatives.
- Helping the CEO create powerpoint presentations and preparing other external communications.
- Helping the CEO prioritize time and appointments. Sometimes attending meetings on the CEO’s behalf.
- Maintaining a professional office environment, ordering supplies, working with external vendors, etc.
- Managing financial aspects of the company including light accounting, invoicing, payroll, expense reports and travel approvals.
- Taking notes during meetings and making sure that action items are executed.
- Managing strategic projects as needed.
- Prepping for board meetings.
- Taking care of other assorted tasks for the company.
Who you are:
- You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast.
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems and you have an opinion about doing things in a way that make sense.
- You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation.
- 4+ years of experience in a related role.
- Bachelor's degree Required. MBA preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior consulting experience is a plus.
- Be great at making powerpoint presentations.
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Resourcefulness and ability to track down information quickly and accurately.
- Startup-minded: high-energy, self-starter
- Effective Communicator ability to communicate and interface well with C-Suite, Executive Staff, and board members.
- Strong Project Management and Organizational skills
- Cultural fit: Genuine, innovative, data-driven, & goal-oriented
- Can-do attitude, willingness to learn, and the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others at all levels of the organization.
What we offer
- An opportunity to help scale a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day).
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more.
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible PTO policy.