Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to help us build the software that runs our kiosks and powers the extensive infrastructure behind them. In addition to building more traditional web stacks, you’ll work on code that interfaces with our hardware and visual components, making sure kiosks are extra reliable and the user experience amazing. This is not a specialized position -- we believe in end-to-end ownership of projects, so you’ll be involved throughout the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping while contributing to many different parts of the codebase in multiple languages.
You Will Be
- Owning major feature development and working directly with the founders on product development from end to end
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware, software and design to build new versions of products from scratch
- Work full stack on building new features and dreaming up new architecture to solve challenging problems
- Rethinking and recreating existing codebases for scale
- Continuously improving and maintaining code that’s already in production
- 4+ years relevant coding experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of these languages: Python, Node.js, C++, Go, C#, Java
- Comfortable learning new languages, libraries, and frameworks when the solution calls for it
- Experience building production-ready code that’s used regularly by lots of people
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
- Comfortable with deploying and managing cloud infrastructure
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong proficiency with SQL and other database technologies
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office
- Excellent health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.