Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
We’re looking for a backend infrastructure developer to help us build the software that runs our kiosks and powers the extensive infrastructure behind them. You’ll work on infrastructure that enables us to develop advanced deep learning solutions that power Mashgin's checkout experience for millions on transactions per month across the world. This is not a specialized position -- we believe in end-to-end ownership of projects, so you’ll be involved throughout the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping while contributing to many different parts of the codebase in multiple languages.
You Will Be
- Owning major feature development and working directly with the founders on product development from end to end
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware, software and design to build new versions of products from scratch
- Work on building new features and dreaming up new architecture to solve challenging problems
- Build backend infrastructure to perform scalable training in the cloud
- Rethinking and recreating existing codebases for scale
- Continuously improving and maintaining code that’s already in production
- 8+ years relevant coding experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of these languages: Python, Node.js, C++, Go, C#, Java
- Comfortable learning new languages, libraries, and frameworks when the solution calls for it
- Experience building production-ready code that’s used regularly by lots of people
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
- Comfortable with deploying and managing cloud infrastructure
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong proficiency with SQL and other database technologies
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
$500,000 - $1,000,000 a year
For roles based in Palo Alto, CA, the overall market range for Mashgin is typically $500,000 - $1,000,000 USD annually. Note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other relevant factors. This estimate excludes the value of any benefits offered by Mashgin, and the potential future value of any other long-term incentives.
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.