Software Engineer, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Palo Alto, CA
At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades.
After going through Y Combinator in 2015, Mashgin has raised $11M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more. We just raised our Series A round and are ready to scale.
Mashgin is looking for a smart, driven engineer who’s fascinated by the latest developments in ML/AI and is looking for the best areas to apply them. You’ll work on a small dynamic team to design and implement state of the art deep learning techniques for Mashgin products. We have the unique opportunity to gather large, proprietary datasets from multiple industries where critical real-world problems have been identified. It will be you and your team’s job to turn this data into automated solutions.
You Will Be
- Developing solutions for real-world computer vision problems
- Working with the product team to come up with innovative ways to collect large data sets for training AI systems or generating equivalent synthetic data
- Finding the optimal balance between doing longer term research and applying research results to production code
- Researching and building state-of-the-art ML/CV algorithms to analyze 2D/3D image data
- 3+ years relevant coding experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Strong background in Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- Excellent knowledge of either Python or C/C++
- MS/PhD degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, AI, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Strong understanding of ML techniques such as CNNs, supervised and unsupervised learning, optimization techniques, etc
- Experience with one or more of popular Deep Learning frameworks such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office
- Excellent health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.