Quality Engineer - Hardware
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
This is an intermediate-level position where you will be responsible for end-to-end manufacturing operations, manufacturing logistics, and coordinating with both overseas material suppliers and local contract manufacturers. Our hardware team is small but mighty, so be prepared to wear many hats. Overall, this position is the go-to person for driving all FATP related activities. This encompasses driving input/output of our local FATP, ensuring material and logistics requirements are met for builds, and creating/maintaining solutions for quality issues that are related to FATP. Technical background is a plus, but not a must. Self starters that can operate under minimal direction are also preferred.
If you're looking for a position with a great deal of ownership of seeing our product lifecycle from beginning to end, and you're looking to get involved in learning all parts of how Mashgin is made, this is a great role for you!
You Will Be
- Interfacing with FATP site as well as deployment teams to resolve, debug quality issues
- Helping to define and build a quality plan to improve existing device quality
- Working with existing hardware team to help sustain/improve current design as well as participate in the development of next generation products
- Working with contract manufacturing through the design-for-manufacturing process and engineering verification stages
- A self starter: navigating our product world and can operate under minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of full-time experience in manufacturing and factory exposure
- Electrical engineering experience as it pertains to quality inspection
- Complete involvement on at least one product from concept to production
- Technical program management experience is a huge plus
- Experience with owning the scope, schedule, implementation and tracking of test projects and results from start to finish
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Excellent health insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.