Software Engineer, Frontend
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
For this role, we’re looking for a frontend-focused engineer to help build usable interfaces for our customers, business clients, and internal team. As a part of Mashgin, you’ll build products not just for the web but on hardware that’s used by thousands of people a day in every location we deploy to. The key to our technology is machine learning, but it’s useless without amazing design and interfaces. As part of a small team you’ll be making a huge impact on the current product and new expansions of our platform.
You Will Be
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware and software to design and build new versions of products from scratch
- Reimagining and refactoring existing interfaces to improve customer experience
- Maintaining and improving current web and mobile codebases
- Developing internal tools and UIs to help us scale faster
- 5+ years of experience working in web development
- Experience shipping consumer-facing, production-ready products
- Experience with Node.js, Vue.js or Python
- Familiarity with modern web best practices
- Strong design sense, and the ability to empathize with many different types of users
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
- Strong understanding of UX design principles
- Strong attention to detail and spending the time to make products truly magical to customers
- Comfortable throwing away most of your design work (as you should know, UI design is a very iterative process!)
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
$250,000 - $600,000 a year
For roles based in Palo Alto, CA, the overall market range for Mashgin is typically $250,000 - $600,000 USD annually. Note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other relevant factors. This estimate excludes the value of any benefits offered by Mashgin, and the potential future value of any other long-term incentives.
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.