Software Engineer, Computer Vision and Deep Learning
Mountain View, CA
At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades.
After going through Y Combinator in 2015, Mashgin has raised $10M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more. We just raised our Series A round and are ready to scale.
Mashgin is looking for a passionate CV engineer who loves solving everyday vision problems. Someone who is regularly saying to themselves “This could be done with computer vision!” and who loves experimenting with new algos. You’ll work on a small dynamic team to design and implement cutting edge Computer Vision algos that will be used everyday by our customers.
- Developing new computer vision algorithms in C/C++ and Python for solving challenging real world problems.
- Coming up with large scale data collection techniques for training Deep Neural Nets.
- Driving the development of new algorithms that dramatically improve our existing methods.
- Researching and maintaining state-of-the-art ML/CV algorithms that can analyze images.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong background in Computer Vision.
- Exposure to new Deep Learning techniques for image recognition.
- MS/PhD degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, AI, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Experience with Python or C/C++ in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge and experience in application of Deep Learning to Computer Vision problems.
- Real-world experience building Computer Vision systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: a few minute walk from the San Antonio Caltrain station in Mountain View, across the street from the San Antonio shopping center.
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company.