Hardware Quality Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
This is a hybrid-remote, intermediate-level position where you will be responsible for end-to-end quality operations from the manufacturing side, the supplier side and our internal operations. Our hardware team is small but mighty, so be prepared to wear many hats. Overall, this position encompasses driving input/output of our local FATP, ensuring material and logistics requirements are met for builds, and creating/maintaining solutions for quality issues that are related to FATP.
This role would require in-person collaboration in Palo Alto, CA and San Jose, CA.
You Will Be
- Developing and maintaining an effective Quality Management System
- Reviewing material suppliers' manufacturing and QA process for process improvement
- Increasing accountability by creating a systematic audit program
- Working with suppliers for identifying root causes and fixing issues for material quality issues
- Unifying all records beyond just quality (production, inventory, and RMA)
- Defining, monitoring, and reporting key quality metrics to drive continuous improvement initiatives and providing updates to management on quality performance.
- Collaborating with suppliers to establish and maintain robust supplier quality management processes, including supplier qualification, audits, and performance monitoring system (QMS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of full-time experience in quality engineering
- Complete involvement on at least one product from concept to production
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Valid passport for potential international travel
- In-depth understanding and experience in implementing and maintaining effective Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity with design control processes, design verification and validation, and design change management
- Strong technical abilities: you should be comfortable diagnosing system issues and building PCs using off-the-shelf components.
- Ability to define and drive reliability test criteria for consumer products
- Experience with owning the scope, schedule, implementation and tracking of test projects and results from start to finish
- Prior QE/SQE experience - building processes and workflows, working with vendors, etc.
- Understanding around Mechanical components, FATP procedures and processes, common PC based accessories, and PC Architecture
- Written and verbal understanding of Mandarin is a plus
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.