Mechanical Design Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
This is an intermediate-level engineering position focused on mechanical design of our next generation product. In a world where contactless checkout is a growing need, you'll have end-to-end ownership of building what this innovative experience looks like to our customers. You'll also be responsible for maintaining manufacturing operations until we scale the team.
You Will Be
- Working with the growth team and our customers to create design concepts for new applications of our touchless checkout technology, validating those designs via fast prototypes, and ramping production to meet demand
- Creating documentation and specifications suitable for each stage of prototyping, quoting and production of new product SKUs
- Working with vetted suppliers through the design-for-manufacturing process and engineering verification stages
- Producing new builds with local contract manufacturers and overseas material suppliers
- Maintaining the PLM/MRP system to include BOM, ECO and inventory
- Training and mentoring new members of our team who can take over manufacturing operations as we scale
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of full-time experience manufacturing and designing hardware systems
- Covered multiple roles in mechanical product development cycle- concept, prototype, NPI, compliance, ramp up, production
- Experience with prototyping and assembly, debug of mechanical systems
- Mechanical design experience using Solidworks
- Working experience with R&D and mass production mechanical design of machined parts, sheet metal, and injection molded plastic parts
- Experience working with contract manufacturers. Experience managing offshore and domestic vendors.
- BOM management experience and ECO knowledge through PLM/MRP software.
- Mechatronics design (e.g component selection and integration)
- Experience with certification of designs to compliance standards like FCC, CE, UL, and ROHS.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office
- Excellent health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.