Palo Alto, CA
At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades.
After going through Y Combinator in 2015, Mashgin has raised $10M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more. We just raised our Series A and are scaling quickly.
We’re looking for an amazing Office Manager/Admin to make sure every Mashgin team member has what they need to get the job done. This includes the right environment, productivity tools, scheduling, and providing support.
We’re a small team now but will be getting bigger fast, so we’ll need a reliable, well-organized person to handle day-to-day operations and help us grow. You’ll wear many hats at the company from basic HR to budgeting and accounts, facilities, event planning, and more.
- Scheduling meetings and greeting visitors
- Maintaining our environment, including being the point person for: facilities/maintenance, supplies/equipment, office operations and procedures, and generally making the office an enjoyable place to be!
- Booking travel and accommodations
- Providing general administrative support to our employees
- Managing basic accounts, including: payables and receivables, budgeting, and reporting
- Planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Developing and monitoring HR systems and procedures across the organization
- Assisting with the onboarding process for new hires
- 3+ years of office management or administrative experience (startup environment preferred)
- Associate degree (B.A. or B.S. preferred)
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Ability to use and adapt to new tech quickly (for communication, productivity, office)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment (this is a small, fast-growing startup)
What we offer
- An opportunity to help grow a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: Right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto and Mountain View (we offer flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day).
- Fitness: Membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more.
- Food: Free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible PTO policy.