Director of Engineering
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
Mashgin is looking for an engineering leader who will report directly to our Chief Technical Officer. In this role, you will build and lead a team of talented engineers to work on our core checkout technology. We are looking for a hands on engineering leader who can manage and drive complex projects and take Mashgin's technology to the next level. You will define, plan and execute on deliverables to build highly scalable services. You must be able to dive deep into code as well as effectively collaborate with other functions such as Operations, Business Development, and Support.
You will be responsible for hiring an expert team and executing the roadmap of innovative features. Your team will be responsible for complete end to end ownership of building new products for new initiatives and business verticals from start to finish!
You Will Be
- Owning major feature development and working directly with the CEO and CTO on product development from end to end
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware, software and design to build new versions of products from scratch
- Rethinking and recreating existing codebases for scale
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Own architecture, roadmap, and execution for short and long term deliverables
- Hire, coach, and grow top talent
- 8+ years relevant coding experience, and 3+ years of relevant management experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of these languages: Python, Node.js, C++, Go, C#, Java
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, mentor and handle performance management
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
- Managing teams in a dynamic (start up like) environment
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.