Manufacturing & Quality Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
This is an intermediate-level position where you will be responsible for end-to-end mechanical engineering operations, manufacturing logistics, and coordinating with both overseas material suppliers and local contract manufacturers. Your time will be split between supply chain and mechanical engineering. If you're looking for a position with a great deal of ownership of seeing our product lifecycle from beginning to end, and you're looking to get involved in learning all parts of how Mashgin is made, this is a great role for you!
You Will Be
- Creating documentation and specifications suitable for each stage of prototyping, quoting and production of new product SKUs
- Working with material suppliers through the design-for-manufacturing process and maintain an accurate material clear-to-build for all product SKUs
- Assisting with Accounts Received/ Accounts Payable for the HW team
- Working with contract manufacturing through the design-for-manufacturing process and engineering verification stages
- Traveling the country launching new locations and helping customers (5-10% travel is expected)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of full-time experience as a mechanical engineer on designing/building hardware systems
- Mechanical design experience using Solidworks
- Working experience with R&D mechanical design of machined parts, sheet metal, and molded plastic parts
- Complete involvement on at least one product from concept to production
- BOM management experience and ECO knowledge through PLM software
- Mechatronics design and manufacturing experience (e.g component selection and integration)
- Experience with certification of designs to compliance standards like FCC, CE, UL, and ROHS
- Electrical Engineering experience is a plus
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Excellent health insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.