Hardware Support Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
This is an intermediate level position where you will be responsible for all technical hardware troubleshooting of our deployed machines that are out in the field. You will be the go-to person for all troubleshooting that is hardware related, and help to figure out the root cause of any issues that arise. For each case, you will be responsible from the initial identification of the issue, all the way through to the resolution, while documenting each case along the way. You will be the go-to person for debugging all issues that are hardware related out in the field!
You Will Be
- The go-to person for front line resolution of technical inquiries and escalations for Hardware Failures and Degraded Hardware Performance
- Providing support to deployments and the support team regarding: recovering faulty HW, case by case debugging HW issues, and ensuring spares & tools are delivered, etc.
- Working with our internal support team and hardware team on resolution of complex technical inquiries and escalations
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA): working with Engineering teams across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, manufacturing) to close the loop by driving corrective actions and improving the product.
- Proactively monitoring system performance and react to field issues to address concerns associated with hardware and escalate to manufacturing and engineering when necessary
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting failure data and quality trends manufacturing and engineering
- Collaborating with internal teams (Sales, HW Engineering, Software Engineering, Technical Support) and customers to prioritize opportunities for product improvement and drive corrective and preventative actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT, or equivalent work experience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to customer sites to understand and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communications skills for technical and non-technical content
- Knowledge of disciplined technical problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.