Palo Alto, CA
At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades.
After going through Y Combinator in 2015, Mashgin has raised $11M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more. We just raised our Series A round and are ready to scale.
For this role, we’re looking for a frontend-focused engineer to help build usable interfaces for our customers, business clients, and internal team. As a part of Mashgin, you’ll build products not just for the web but on hardware that’s used by thousands of people a day in every location we deploy to. The key to our technology is machine learning, but it’s useless without amazing design and interfaces. As part of a small team you’ll be making a huge impact on the current product and new expansions of our platform.
You Will Be
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware and software to design and build new versions of products from scratch
- Reimagining and refactoring existing interfaces to improve customer experience
- Maintaining and improving current web and mobile codebases
- Developing internal tools and UIs to help us scale faster
- 3+ years of experience working in web development
- Experience shipping consumer-facing, production-ready products
- Experience with Node.js, Vue.js or Python
- Familiarity with modern web best practices
- Strong design sense, and the ability to empathize with many different types of users
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
- Strong understanding of UX design principles
- Strong attention to detail and spending the time to make products truly magical to customers
- Comfortable throwing away most of your design work (as you should know, UI design is a very iterative process!)
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office
- Excellent health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.