Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
Mashgin is looking for an Engineering Lead who wants to be part of a growing technology startup. Partnered closely with our founders, you will contribute individually towards building out the Mashgin ecosystem. We believe in end-to-end ownership of projects, so you’ll be involved throughout the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping while contributing to many different parts of the codebase in multiple languages. You will lead and manage our core engineering team and look to grow and scale the team -- collaboration between software engineering, hardware, and product will be crucial for this role.
You Will Be
- Individually contributing to our codebase and building out our product from end to end
- Leading and manage a small software engineering team
- Collaborating with the Founders, Product Management, Engineering, Hardware, and Support teams to define and deliver on our product and technical roadmaps
- Evangelizing software development best practices and set a high engineering bar
- Facilitate technical discussions and plans to improve our software quality
- Plan, design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software systems
- Set up appropriate levels of team process to enable individual growth and autonomy while upleveling the team’s ability to execute strongly
- 4+ years relevant coding experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of these languages: Python, Node.js, C++, Go, C#, Java
- Comfortable learning new languages, libraries, and frameworks when the solution calls for it
- Experience building production-ready code that’s used regularly by lots of people
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
- Comfortable with deploying and managing cloud infrastructure
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong proficiency with SQL and other database technologies
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
- Fitness: membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office
- Excellent health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.