Palo Alto, CA /
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
This is a Bay Area based, senior-level position where you will be responsible for all accounting processes, preparation of GAAP financial statements, tax matters, and external auditor engagement. You will oversee monthly close, internal and external reporting, audits, systems, policies, and purchasing. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter, who enjoys the challenges of a growth-stage, venture-backed startup environment and has a strong track record of leading and building exceptional teams. This role requires deep technical expertise, hardware knowledge, and the ability to solve complex problems across diverse subject areas.
You Will Be
- Leading and empowering all accounting functions, including revenue, opex, payroll, accounts payable, and consolidations
- Managing the entire financial statement audit process, overseeing PBC preparation/delivery, and coordinating with external auditors (includes foreign/stat audits)
- Preparing, reviewing and analyzing monthly reporting packages to understand trends and ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Supporting new and existing research and products by working cross-functionally to manage risk, and build and maintain scalable accounting processes
- Managing key service provider relationships with auditors, outsourced accountants, technical accounting advisory, and strategic partners
- Driving a continuous improvement approach to accounting operations, monthly close, and financial systems.
- Leading transition from QuickBooks Online to a more complex accounting software such as Netsuite
- Ensuring tax compliance as Mashgin expands geographically
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of progressive experience in senior accounting leadership roles at some combination of early-stage and late-stage startups, and / or public accounting firms
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
- CPA with a deep understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting requirements for various types of legal entities
- Strong project management skills encompassing attention to detail and ability to prioritize and lead high priority initiatives on concurrent timelines
- Experience working with a fast-paced, complex company; demonstrated ability to build teams while also digging in as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
- Experience working with modern software and systems, particularly NetSuite and Quickbooks Online
- Prior Hardware and SaaS experience is a must
- Private to public exposure (working with a company while private and bringing them public) preferable.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience is preferred
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
- For roles based in Palo Alto, CA, the salary range for this position is estimated to be $150,000 - $200,000 USD annually. Note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other relevant factors. This estimate excludes the value of any bonuses; the value of any benefits offered by Mashgin; and the potential future value of any other long-term incentives.
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.