Palo Alto, CA
At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades. After going through Y Combinator in 2015, Mashgin has raised $10M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more. We just raised our Series A round and are ready to scale.
For this role, we’re looking for a talented designer to help build beautiful, usable interfaces for our customers, business clients, and internal team. As a part of Mashgin, you’ll build UIs not just for the web but on hardware that’s used by thousands of people a day in every location we deploy to. We’re looking for someone to own all facets of our UI: visual, interaction, and front-end code.
The key to our technology is machine learning, but it’s useless without amazing interfaces. As part of a small team you’ll be making a huge impact on the current product and new expansions of our platform.
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware, software and design to build new versions of products from prototype to production.
- Reimagining and refactoring existing interfaces to improve customer experience.
- Producing high-quality visual designs from concept to execution.
- Taking a deep dive into user needs and interactions to inform new iterations.
- Developing internal tools and UIs to help us scale faster.
- 4+ years of experience working in design-related role: UI, UX, front-end development, etc. (We don’t yet have the capacity to properly mentor new grads or people just starting out. As the team grows, this will change.)
- Proven track record of designing successful user-centric applications and solving UI/UX problems.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator or other equivalent packages.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to empathize with many different types of users.
- Experience shipping consumer-facing, production-ready products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day).
- Food: fully stocked kitchen with free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance, plus free gym membership.
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company.