Full Stack Software Engineer
Seattle, WA /
Engineering – Software /
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
We're looking for the right person to join our close-knit team and help take our foundational product and business to the next level. Mason's core product is mobile infrastructure as a service ("mobile IaaS") -- think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!) Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Create and enhance web services to spec, build or enhance data models, work with distributed storage, expand our eventing and messaging, etc.
- Build APIs to enhance both the internal and external functionality available via the Mason Platform
- Collaborate with senior engineers on projects of increasing scope and enhance your understanding of backend architecture, patterns and practices
- Interact with product managers to develop and clarify requirements, and ensure features are built to spec
- Write design one-pagers, drive and participate in design reviews, perform peer code reviews
- Build and maintain test automation where appropriate
- Write public-facing documentation for new features and APIs for customers
- Collaborate effectively with designers and front-end engineers to deliver new UI features to spec
- Participate in a culture of always be shipping
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of professional software development
- Solid understanding of at least one backend-oriented programming language, and possibly a related web services stack
- Experience writing and automating tests
- A college degree with relevant coursework in computer science, or equivalent professional experience
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.