Seattle, WA /
Finance & Accounting – Accounting /
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
We’re excited to be hiring a Senior Accountant to the team at Mason. In this role, you will be asked to help assist through many aspects of the day to day operations on the accounting team. Specifically, your responsibilities will help through monthly reconciliations, AP, cash collections, inventory accounting as well as various ad-hoc projects as the team grows. You will be working collaboratively across the organization to develop and implement new policies, best practices, and tools to help create further operational excellence. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment, new challenges to tackle every day, unique cross team exposure, and an opportunity to play a critical role in building a great team, this is the role for you. There is plenty of room to grow quickly as Mason continues to scale – looking for people eager for the ride. Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial data in support of management reportingCreate monthly AR billings for customers & follow-up on outstanding balances
- Perform bank account and credit card reconciliationsPrepare weekly wires and reconcile open AP balance
- Drive process improvement projects to streamline and automate manual workflows.
- Provide support to Finance management and other internal customers, including ad hoc financial analysis
- Research GAAP and other accounting issues as identified
- Support other special projects according to the needs of the Company
- Identify, participate, and help lead critical accounting projects including the implementation of new accounting standards, development of management reports, financial modeling, and implementation of new modules and features
- Manage the tax, accounting, and finance calendar to ensure all filings and reports are completed before the deadlineManage and file various tax filings
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance3+ years progressive accounting experience
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Strong Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)Experience with Quickbooks Online is a plus
- Experience with SalesForce is a plus
- You are curious to learn from and willing to teach others
- You are detail oriented, organized, and analytical in approach to tasks
- You have a positive attitude and flexible mind
- You demonstrate ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment
- You tend to be a self-starter and get stuff done, but are not afraid to seek help
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.