Shenzhen, China /
Engineering – Hardware /
Mason is the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. We make it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to create smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for an Electrical Engineer. This is the opportunity of a lifetime as you will be responsible for the implementation of the best class of hardware engineering design into all our devices including but not limited to detailed electrical platform design, platform bringup, validation planning and execution, and manufacturing review and product integrity. You will also lead and manage new product development with our JDM/ODM/CM and communicate the progress to the Mason team. This position will be a key lever in our company’s growth working with all cross-functional Masons.
We are looking for an experienced Hardware expert who hits the problems head-on, is capable of identifying issues and solutions quickly and systematically, enjoys taking ownership and being part of the team.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity, and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Consumer electronics, wearables, medical devices, and more in an industrial usage setting
- Execute product designs from schematics, gerber with tools such as Altium, etc.
- Plan and execute validation system design: lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing.
- Work with all cross-functional external teams (software, product design, industrial design, program management, operations, etc.) to deliver a successful product to market.
- Self-starter to drive technical issues to closure with partners and suppliers
- Drive the design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
- Managing and hands-on working with multiple component vendors internationally
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5+ years Experience shipping medium to high volume consumer electronics, medical products.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools.5+ years working as a System Integrator / Electrical Engineer, 8+ years experience working in consumer electronics or medical devices space
- Fluent in English and Chinese A keen eye for details, quality of designs, and X-functional impacts
- Experience working with lab equipment for hands-on prototyping, design, and power analysis, and CAD tools.
- Drive DFM, new product introductions, and architecture scoping
- Rich knowledge and experiences with the International supplier chain and its management
- Experienced to work with Asian vendors and designers.
- Rich knowledge of RF, Hardware integration, acoustics, and reliability design
- And more!
Bonus points for:
- Partnered with local suppliers to expand to new markets.
• Remote-friendly: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
• Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents (Employees are responsible for only 1% of premiums for dental and vision)
• Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness and wellness expenses.
• Food: Catered lunch or delivery gift cards to keep you nourished while working.
• Generous PTO & Sick Leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO and added monthly mental health days during the pandemic.
• Parental Leave: Caring for a new child is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
• Full benefits are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Mason: Belonging, psychological safety, and inclusivity unlock a Mason’s full potential. We don’t want Masons to quietly assimilate into a dominant culture and sacrifice a piece of themselves. We want our team members to be seen, validated, and welcomed.
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.