Senior Technical Product Manager (Hardware)
United States, Remote /
Engineering – Product /
Mason is the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. We make it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to create smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity.
Come build an infrastructure company from scratch!
We're looking for the right person to join our close-knit team and help take our foundational product and business to the next level. Mason's core product is mobile infrastructure as a service ("mobile IaaS") — think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services. Mason is used across industries and use cases today, from digitizing clinical trials to improving warehouse efficiency to streamlining retail payments and more.
About the Role: We're looking for a seasoned Technical Product Manager focused on hardware. In this role, you will help define the product vision and roadmap for Mason’s hardware lineup, drive execution of hardware products through development phases, and deliver a cohesive and delightful line of smart devices to our customers and partners.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone who:
- Constantly advocates for the customer. Empathizes with our customers, and lives and breathes the customer journey. Can take pain points and abstract concepts and gather them into tangible products or services.
- Is hungry for knowledge on the market landscape and demonstrates an eye for opportunity.
- Has a combination of business and technical acumen, leveraging those skills to drive decisions and product vision.
What you’ll work on:
- Drive roadmap planning and product definition. Work with engineering, customer success, sales, and business development to establish product definition, costs, lifecycle, success criteria, goals, target availability and their impacts on the customer and the business.
- Lead customer discovery and market research. Identify targeted prospects’ and market needs, opportunities, and gaps. Develop a clear understanding of the competitive landscape. Fluently distill and elevate the combined findings into a product and service portfolio.
- Prioritize what matters. Prioritize features and performance decisions aligned with customer needs and Mason’s vision and strategy by working with internal and external stakeholders. Fluently make hard decisions over insightful tradeoffs using data.
- Be a critical partner to the team. Work across functions including Customer Success, Engineering, Product, and more to develop a consumer testing plan, and map that into the upgrades needed for the platform team.
- Provide leadership and focus. Establish a shared vision across the company by contributing to strategies and priorities, leading product execution with data-driven trade-offs. Communicate regularly with the executive team, functional leadership, and the broader company.
What you bring to the table:
- Basic Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in technical product management, especially in the fields of consumer electronic devices, IoT devices such as phones, tablets, wearables, and medical devices
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting product/market/competitive analysis and SWOT analysis, with feature delivery and tradeoffs
- Hands-on experience in end-to-end development cycles and delivery for devices
- Experience contributing to business development, strategy, and technology decisions related to hardware products
- Preferred Qualifications
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Android devices, sensor technologies, and connected devices
- Experience in commercial solutions and services, and B2B applications
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external customers
- Comfortable assessing and taking risks with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communication, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Bonus Points For:
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience working with global teams
• Remote-friendly: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
• Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents (Employees are responsible for only 1% of premiums for dental and vision)
• Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness and wellness expenses.
• Food: Catered lunch or delivery gift cards to keep you nourished while working.
• Generous PTO & Sick Leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO and added monthly mental health days during the pandemic.
• Parental Leave: Caring for a new child is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
• Full benefits are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Mason: Belonging, psychological safety, and inclusivity unlock a Mason’s full potential. We don’t want Masons to quietly assimilate into a dominant culture and sacrifice a piece of themselves. We want our team members to be seen, validated, and welcomed.
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.