Seattle, WA /
Marketing – Product /
Mason is the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. We make it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to create smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity.
Mason provides the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. With Mason, it’s 20x faster and 10x less costly to build a single-use device from scratch or deploy and scale a smart product line. Organizations of all sizes can bring innovations and hundreds of use cases to market without reinventing the wheel.
Mason is looking for a highly motivated technologist to join our team as our Developer Advocate. You must enjoy “talking shop” and being part of developer communities. You are expected to understand how Mobile DevOps/Android DevOps/mobile hardware/IoT practitioners work, how they integrate tools into their processes, and understand how to reduce friction from activation to workflow adoption.
At Mason, you’ll be surrounded by colleagues trying to build an equitable workplace while solving some really complex problems. If you are looking for a high exposure, high growth opportunity, while being able to help shape our product and customer experience... this is it! Intrigued? Talk to us, and see where this journey may take you!
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more). Check out our values and see if they resonate.
What You'll Do
- Grow and develop the success of Mason’s developer experience, as well as the size and richness of the developer community
- Engage with various kinds of developers and Mason users (including developers, software engineers, architects, and more) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases
- Develop and present talks, demonstrations, and workshops for developer conferences, events, and hackathons
- Help with creation of Mason’s documentation, tutorials, webinars and other education efforts
- Build relationships with Mason’s champions and foster the Mason community
- Help interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Produce code samples, design patterns, blog posts, videos, and tutorials for developers
- You’ll learn about specific industries and use cases such as clinical trial, remote patient monitoring, retail, hospitality etc - apply the learning backwards to your everyday work
What you bring to the table:
- Some experience with Android operating system/Android based apps and experience going through several successful release cycles
- Mobile infrastructure and/or SaaS experience is a must 5+ years of professional experience, at least 1 year as a developer advocate
- Familiar with CI/CD pipeline workflows and tools such as GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.
- Competent in at least one programming language (Python, JS/TS, Go, Java/Kotlin, Maven, Bash)
- Participation in and/or knowledge of existing developer forums
- Exposure to technical thought leadership across multiple mediums - blog, webinars, events, demo videos etc
- Experience creating and distributing technical content across multiple platforms simultaneously
- Excellent communicator, natural bridge-builder and works well in highly competitive environments
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and organized with the ability to work independently
Bonus points for:
- Experience with public speaking on large platforms
- Be data-driven and have experience with setting and measuring against key metrics
- Startup experience
• Remote-friendly: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
• Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents (Employees are responsible for only 1% of premiums for dental and vision)
• Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness and wellness expenses.
• Food: Catered lunch or delivery gift cards to keep you nourished while working.
• Generous PTO & Sick Leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO and added monthly mental health days during the pandemic.
• Parental Leave: Caring for a new child is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
• Full benefits are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Mason: Belonging, psychological safety, and inclusivity unlock a Mason’s full potential. We don’t want Masons to quietly assimilate into a dominant culture and sacrifice a piece of themselves. We want our team members to be seen, validated, and welcomed.
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.