Seattle, WA /
Operations – Logistics /
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
We're looking for the right person to join our close-knit team as our first dedicated Logistics Specialist to help our customers succeed. We need someone who is passionate about getting our Mason products into the hands of our customers. We strive to delight our customers and this role is pivotal to the organization’s success. As part of our Operations team you will get to work with innovative technology companies and help launch and support their next generation products.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Execute and confirm international shipments of hazardous goods
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers and coworkers at all times
- Focus on client and customer relationships to provide excellent service and exceptionally high-quality deliverables, on time and within budget
- Assist in identifying new overseas suppliers and the management of current vendors
- Identify and develop solutions to complex logistical problems between the client and Mason’s overseas suppliers
- Be familiar with global customs and international trade considerations and maintain awareness of the latest trends and conditions
- Prepare paperwork to include shipping labels, invoices and instructions for products, ensuring shipments can clear customs
- Track, update, and keep meticulous logs of outgoing and incoming shipments.
- Assist in the preparation of products and goods for shipment ( IATA and DOT knowledge of International and domestic shipments) assuring proper packaging to avoid damage
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintain databases
- Work closely with finance and others in order to oversee quoting and payments
- Assist with the testing and configuration of Mason devices
- Accomplishes the operations by completing related results as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in a shipping and logistics role, preferably international
- Previous experience with major couriers such as FEDEX, UPS or DHL
- Experience with harmonized codes, pro forma invoices, and other import and export requirements
- Strong passion for delighting customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking and quickly satisfying requests from different sources
Bonus points for:
- IATA Certified
- Previous experience or interest in android handheld devices
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.