Seattle, WA /
Product – Hardware /
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices.
As a part of our Hardware team, your objective is to manufacture high quality devices and accessories. You will be involved in the definition, prototyping, testing, and mass production of our hardware.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Developing project plans with the hardware team that include product requirements, costs, and schedules
- Leading the electrical engineering work on Mason devices (e.g. phones, tablets) and accessories (e.g. barcode scanners, card readers) through a combination of individual contributions and management of outside vendors
- Designing, building, and evaluating prototype circuits to validate design architectures, power budgets, etc.
- Testing and troubleshooting electronics through the product development cycle, including regulatory compliance (e.g. FCC, CE, UL)
- Practicing good design-for-manufacturability, design-for-assembly, and design-for-testing in EE design
- Working with domestic and off-shore contract manufacturers to produce high quality hardware in mass production
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience in embedded electronics design
- Proficiency with EDA tools (e.g. Altium), including schematic capture and PCB layout
- Hands-on prototyping skills, including soldering and rework of fine-pitch SMT components.
- Experience debugging circuits with standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance testing (e.g. FCC/CE/UL)
- Deep knowledge of digital communication interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C)
- History of success shipping consumer electronics
- Experience with battery management, charging circuits, and low-power design
- Familiarity with design of RF/wireless products
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.