Senior Frontend/React Engineer (Lake Forest, IL)
Lake Forest, IL
Mastery Logistics Systems is reimagining the technology that moves goods from one place to another. We are building an intuitive, efficient, comprehensive solution that brings cutting edge technology, the power of data and AI, and user experience to the forefront. For those that know the jargon and the logistics industry, we are building the next generation of technologies to allow large brokers, 3PL’s, and shippers to benefit from the progress of technology and connectivity. Our initial offering - a TMS built for freight brokerages - targets large, distributed brokerages and 3PL’s, with follow-on shipper TMS available in the future. If you don’t know the industry (yet!), that’s cool – we want your voice and perspective to help us break out of established patterns and truly innovate.
The problems in this industry are big and exciting! There’s also a lot of low hanging fruit where other industries and types of applications have found solid solutions. We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input (Natural Language Processing? Voice? Better forms?) to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier, touching every part of our economy or all of the above then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to providing a great, inclusive working environment by challenging our team members while being respectful of your time and the needs of your personal life. That’s why we encourage time exploring innovative ideas alongside more standard daily tasks. We have a 4-day work week (with 1 Friday a month reserved for company meetings) and require employees to schedule at least one week off every four months.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to help. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, collaborate consistently and know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble, and each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry. Join us and help make something great.
About the Role
Logistics is a rich, complex industry requiring professionals to understand, parse, and compose large quantities of data as quickly and accurately as possible. The current ecosystem of software doesn’t provide the kinds of interfaces they need to be efficient -- We’re going to change that. In this role, you’ll be building slick, intuitive interfaces for a variety of users in freight management.
We are looking for candidates in the Lake Forest area. To apply to jobs in other locations or full-time remote, please see the job site and apply to the appropriate position. Flexible schedule and part-time remote are available, supported and widely used in all physical locations.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and other developers to design and build the React UI for our real-time freight management system
- Ensure interfaces function quickly and beautifully across devices
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Engage in the full development life-cycle including architectural design and testing
- Be a force-multiplier on the velocity and quality of your team
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in frontend engineering, and know when to apply it
- Maintain a high bar for quality and performance of your product with vigorous attention to detail and automated testing
- Continuously improve how we design, build, and ship software as a highly functional team
- Practical experience with front end web development including responsive web applications
- Experience with React or similar frameworks
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and SaaS application development
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Ability to understand complicated problems and craft into simple solutions that can be maintained by the rest of the team
- Ability to train and mentor junior engineers
- Strong communication skills
- Compassion and empathy
- Competitive pay along with bonuses and meaningful equity
- Flexible schedule with focus on efficient work and collaboration
- 4 day work week (M-Th)
- 1 Friday per month for all-hands and company meetings
- Full or part-time remote
- Unlimited vacation and personal days with minimum of 1 week off every four months
- Pay transparency and focus on inclusion
- $2,000 annual training budget and support for speaking at conferences
- Wide range of health insurance options: trans inclusive, company pays 90%, strong out-of-network coverage
- Dental options that include orthodontia
- Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance for 1x salary
- Legal, Accident, Additional Life and other add-on options
- 10% of work time can be spent on projects and idea exploration other than core project
- 10% of our profits to be shared between the St Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the Chicago Children’s Hospital
Women, non-binary people and those with marginalized genders, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, differently-abled people, and other under-represented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply to the "Remote" position if you are not located in or willing to relocate to IL (Chicago or Champaign areas). Remote jobs are in timezones UTC-4:00 - UTC-8:00 (Atlantic to Pacific US time).