IMMEDIATE - (PA) Attendance Coordinator (Part-Time) - 2020/2021 School Year
Philadelphia, PA /
School Leadership and Support – Operations /
Part-Time 2020-21 School Year
We believe educational inequity is the most pressing social problem facing our country and the civil rights issue of our day. Mastery exists to help solve this problem. Our ultimate goal is to create a model urban school district that serves all students with excellence. We are organized around one driving mission: All students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams. To fulfill this mission, we attend to the whole child – academically and emotionally – matching high expectations for students with high levels of support.
Mastery Charter Schools is a nonprofit network of more than 24 schools serving over 14,000 students in Philadelphia and Camden. We are the largest turnaround school operator in the nation and have been lauded by President Obama and the US Department of Education for our ability to dramatically boost academic achievement in historically low-performing schools.
We know neighborhood schools matter, all students deserve access to a great education, and the people in our building can grow and develop sustainably to make the biggest impact possible in this work.
Mastery's Equity Vision:
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to achieving our mission.
We strive to be an anti-racist school district that eliminates the inequities in academic achievement that limit our students’ choices; that cultivates classrooms where every student is affirmed, supported, and held to high expectations; and that nurtures a diverse organization where students, staff, and families are valued, respected, and included.
The Attendance Coordinator ensures that all students are maintaining strong and consistent attendance and punctuality. This is a part-time position working less than 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that school goals related to attendance, truancy and lateness are met or exceeded;
- Maintaining all data systems related to attendance, truancy and lateness;
- Maintaining daily parent communication in response to absences and lateness;
- Implementing a “whatever it takes” approach to preventing and addressing truancy including but not limited to: Parent outreach efforts including phone calls, letters and home visits;
- Collaborating with other Mastery staff to develop successful action plans.
- Willingness and interest in working with a diverse population including visiting homes and working with families
- Results-oriented individual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Basic computer skills including MS Office
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in an urban education setting
- At least two (2) years of office/clerical experience
- Ability to physically perform the duties required and to work in the environmental conditions required such as driving/traveling to homes of families; must be able to sit for up to two (2) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing. Must be able to use a phone.
- Valid Driver’s License required with access to a vehicle for travel when needed, preferred.
Mastery Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
UPDATE AS OF JULY 2020 - Please review Mastery’s Back to School Plans here to learn about our response to COVID-19 for the 2020-21 school year. For ongoing positions, Mastery roles are designated as in-person, with regular on-site responsibilities, unless otherwise noted. As such, Employees must be able to support Mastery Schools’ academic plan and business strategies on-site – at a Mastery campus - as required.
Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on an individualized basis.