Philadelphia, PA /
Network Support – Technology /
We believe educational inequity is the most pressing social problem facing our country and the civil rights issue of our day. Mastery exists to help solve this problem. Our ultimate goal is to create a model urban school district that serves all students with excellence. We are organized around one driving mission: All students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams. To fulfill this mission, we attend to the whole child – academically and emotionally – matching high expectations for students with high levels of support.
Mastery Charter Schools is a nonprofit network of more than 24 schools serving over 14,000 students in Philadelphia and Camden. We are the largest turnaround school operator in the nation and have been lauded by President Obama and the US Department of Education for our ability to dramatically boost academic achievement in historically low-performing schools.
We know neighborhood schools matter, all students deserve access to a great education, and the people in our building can grow and develop sustainably to make the biggest impact possible in this work.
Mastery Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
The Technology Associate is responsible for maintaining technology and supporting clients at Mastery Charter Schools campuses. The Technology Associate is a member of the Network Support Team and reports to a Technology Manager within the Technology department. The Technology department’s goal is to provide consistent delivery of technology and information systems to the network of Mastery campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide internal technology support for an organization of 1400+ users.
- Support systems including Windows PCs, chromebooks, mobile phones, VOIP phones, and a collection of academic and administrative applications.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance steps to ensure technology readiness.
- Follow inventory procedures for deploying, tracking, and collecting hardware to and from users. Perform periodic inventory audits.
- Support new technology rollouts and support. This includes refreshing hardware and ensuring campus technology readiness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with users effectively and display good interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and research solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with other technical personnel for collaborative problem solving
- Ability to work at all campuses within the Mastery network
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certifications (MCSE, MCP, and A+) a plus
- Currently enrolled in school or certification program preferred, but not required
- Between 1-2 years practical technical support and network experience a plus
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds), carrying, pulling, pushing and kneeling; Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing.