Food Data Manager
Philadelphia, PA /
Network Support – Operations /
We believe educational inequity is the most pressing social problem facing our country and the civil rights issue of our day. Mastery exists to help solve this problem. Our ultimate goal is to create a model urban school district that serves all students with excellence. We are organized around one driving mission: All students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams. To fulfill this mission, we attend to the whole child – academically and emotionally – matching high expectations for students with high levels of support.
Mastery Charter Schools is a nonprofit network of more than 24 schools serving over 14,000 students in Philadelphia and Camden. We are the largest turnaround school operator in the nation and have been lauded by President Obama and the US Department of Education for our ability to dramatically boost academic achievement in historically low-performing schools.
We know neighborhood schools matter, all students deserve access to a great education, and the people in our building can grow and develop sustainably to make the biggest impact possible in this work.
Mastery Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
The full-time Food Data Manager is responsible for leading the data and contracts control of the school nutrition program and contracted food service management companies. The Food Data Manager reports to the Network Director of Operations and is a part of the Network Support Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the collection, entry, and accuracy of food service related student data across all participating schools in the Mastery Food Service Consortium (16 sites)
- Coordinates across sites to ensure that Mastery student information system and Point of Sale systems contain accurate and timely student data
- Project manage food service related student document collection and data entry into data systems across all participating sites
- Oversee the accurate input and reporting from the Primero Edge system
- Direct ownership of claim reimbursement process, working with the PDE data systems to submit claim from state and federal sources
- Manage quality control process to ensure accurate daily meal data for claiming purposes as part of a multi-million dollar federal school meals program
- Food Service lead for Consortium program budget and finance tasks, assisting with monthly meetings with finance team to review invoices, budget variances, and account accuracy
- Verify student data to ensure that essential programs, such as the Community Eligibility Provision, function properly
- Work with schools to ensure that CEP (Community Eligibility Provision) data is in compliance with the program
- Review site applications on the PEARS website and work with schools to update as necessary
- Serves as main point of contact for communicating with PDE regarding the PEARS system
- Tracks reporting deadlines as defined by the PDE calendar and oversees work at schools to ensure materials are submitted by the required deadline
- Design and oversee kitchen consortium checklist for school sites entering Mastery’s Food Service Consortium, leading initial evaluation of new kitchens to join the consortium
- Completes additional duties, as designated by the Network Director of Operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new systems/software quickly
- Proven experience multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work
- Strong analytical / problem solving / process design skills
- Strong ability to establish relationship with peers across a large organization
- Experience working in a school setting preferred
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholders across a large organization, including principals, teachers, parents, and community members
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree with at least of two (2) years of related experience
- Experience working in an urban education setting, preferred
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as traveling to network campuses and maneuvering in office space-reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls; Must be able to sit for up to four (4) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing.