Federal Proposal Manager - Remote
Arlington, Virginia /
The MASY Group is a growing Nunn Perry award-winning government service company providing intelligence analysis, educational services, and operational support to federal agencies like the Department of Defense and the greater Intelligence Community. We offer our team members a competitive salary as well as competitive benefits, such as 5% matching 401k with no vesting period, family leave, and Healthcare/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts!
The MASY Group (MASY) is seeking a Proposal Manager to join our HQ team, with Federal Government experience, who can provide full-cycle proposal management support and has strong proposal writing skills. The Proposal Manager will manage proposal schedules and deadlines, lead proposal kick-off meetings, and develop the proposal outline and compliance matrix. Most importantly, the Proposal Manager will need to manage/oversee volumes and write content. An understanding of how to draft technical volumes is critical.
Also, the Proposal Manager will, at times, need to work under tight deadlines and lead the responses to Federal Government Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI) and Sources Sought Notices. The Proposal Manager will work closely with MASY’s Business Development teams and, at times, will leverage MASY’s subject matter experts for input.
• Analyze and lead the response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other related documents
• Create compliant proposal outlines, compliance matrices, and proposal templates
• Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and develop a proposal plan that outlines deadlines, coordinate input from others, etc
• Lead RFP solution strategizing and proposal process improvement sessions
• Execute proposal activities at all stages of the proposal development process (e.g., prepare for the release of an RFP, lead kick-off meetings, lead the proposal response and contribute/lead volumes, work with the BD team to develop themes, set deadlines for color team reviews, coordinate with MASY’s departments such as recruiting and subcontractors, manage data calls,etc.)
• Populate and draft content for multiple volumes to include the technical volume
• Coordinate and lead proposal production, to include technical editing and desktop publishing, and ensure the proposal is compliant and delivered on time
• Develop a robust repository of proposal materials and implementation of associated best practices
• Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are addressed and that customer page limits are met
• Write/edit/rewrite efforts and graphic concepts development as needed
• Experience coordinating or managing federal government service proposals
• Must have prior accomplishments in proposal writing and editing in all proposal volumes
• Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process and regulations
• Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
• Ability to work well both in a team and independently
• Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
• Ability to work to meet proposal deadlines
• Ability to develop or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
• Shipley or Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification preferred
• Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and SharePoint
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with professional and educational experience
Benefits: Extremely competitive
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The determinations and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.