Writing Specialist, TS/SCI
Bethesda, Maryland /
NIU College of Strategic Intelligence /
The MASY Group is a growing Nunn Perry award-winning government service company providing intelligence analysis, educational services, and operational support to federal agencies like the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We offer our team members a competitive salary as well as competitive benefits, such as 5% matching 401k with no vesting period, family leave, and Healthcare/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts -- just to name a few!
The National Intelligence University (NIU) run Master's degree programs in support of the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Your work will support and manage the University's writing center. You will provide writing support to graduate students for course papers and Masters' thesis. Including managing the day to day operations of the writing center, responding to student needs, presenting workshops and tutorials on academic writing, and offering individualized and/or group consultation to students. If needed, the ideal candidate must be comfortable teaching a research and methodology course.
• Conduct individual consultations with students writing research papers, projects, and theses
• Develop and deliver academic writing skills workshops/seminars for graduate and undergraduate students
• Provide information on the writing center during new student orientation
• Attend faculty and staff meetings/committees as required
• Strong writing skills and extensive experience in writing at the collegiate level
• Experience with academic research and research writing
• Master's degree
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
• TS/SCI required
• Previous teaching or tutoring experience preferred
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with professional and educational experience
Benefits: Extremely competitive
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The determinations and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.